- Chartered Life Nirapattaqa
Service Categories: Group Insurance
- This plan is for Bangladeshi nationals who go abroad to take up overseas employment.
- Minimum sum assured is BDT 50,000 (Fifty Thousand) and maximum is BDT 3,00,000 (Three Lac)
- Minimum age of entry is 18 years and maximum age is 45 years.
- Premiums to be paid annually but partial payment (half yearly and/or quarterly) can also be made during the policy period
- Policy term would be one year and the commencement date would be the date of leaving the country
- Accidental Death Benefits (ADB) & Permanent Disabilities Accidental Benefits (PDAB) may be covered
- Income tax rebate may be obtained by taking the policy.
- The claim amount is also tax free
The beneficiary of the policyholder will receive a full sum assured on death of the policyholder while at work overseas. If the policyholder looses his/her job and return to Bangladesh within three months from the date of joining the overseas employment, a lump sum benefit equal to ten times the deposited premium in case of lose of his/her job and return to Bangladesh within three months from date of joining.
Group Life Insurance Benefits :
Group Life Insurance coverage provides settlement of Death (due to any reason; sickness or accident) claim up to the sum assured against the Insured Employee or Group Member. The payment will be paid in the event of death of an employee from any cause whatsoever anywhere in the world, except-
- First Year of Suicide within Coverage with Chartered Life
- “AIDS” or “AIDS” related Diseases or Complications
Basic Coverage can be determined in three ways-
(A) Flat coverage: (B) Salary based coverage: (C) Class based coverage:
Accidental Death (AD) Benefits:
If an insured employee meets with death due to an Accident, Chartered Life, subject to the provision stated in the Respective Policy, will pay a Benefit Amount to the entitled person(s) or the employer. The Accidental Death Benefit is payable in addition to Group Life Insurance Amount within the policy Maximum Limit to the Beneficiary of the employee.
Permanent Total Disability (PTD) Benefits:
If any INSURED employee becomes totally and permanently disabled from bodily injury or disease and is wholly prevented from performing any occupation for remuneration or profit, this benefit is payable in sixty (60) equal monthly installments following a one year disability waiting period. Benefits are payable in lieu of the Life Insurance benefit.
Permanent Partial Disability (PPD) Benefits:
If any employee becomes partially disabled on a permanent basis, as a result of bodily injury or sickness, these benefits are payable in lump sum as per following schedule. Benefits are payable in lieu of Life Insurance benefits as per the Schedule of Benefits:
The 100% of coverage under PPD is, most of the times, same as under life.
Major Disease Benefit (MDB):
In the event of a Member is diagnosed to have one of the diseases mentioned below, subject to the provision stated in the Respective Policy, will pay a Benefit Amount to the entitled person(s) or the employer.
The diseases are:-
- i) Myocardial infarction (Heart attack), ii) Stroke, iii) Coronary artery surgery, iv) Cancer, v) Kidney failure, vi) Multiple sclerosis, vii) Paralysis, and viii) Major organ transplant.
Family Planning Incentive Benefit (FPIB):
In addition to the death benefit, the low income group of employees of your organization (viz. Peon, Factory Worker, Guard, Driver, Deliveryman, Machine Operator, Officer Assistant etc) shall be paid an additional sum equal to 10% of the respective sum assured as Family Planning Incentive (FPI) Benefit.